Know before you go...
- Greeters are volunteer “friends,” not professional tour guides.
- Greeter “visits” are not tours. There are no pre-set itineraries, theme tours or start times.
- You may submit only one (1) Greeter request during your stay.
- Request a Greeter match at least 1 week before arriving in Shanghai.
- Greeter visits are subject to the availability of a volunteer Greeter. Submitting a request does not guarantee the availability of a Greeter.
- Greeters meet no more than six (6) people at a time. Each group is matched with its own Greeter; Greeters are never shared among groups.
- Greeters and visitors go on foot or use public transportation.
- Submit your Greeter request after confirming your accommodations. Include your hotel confirmation number on your Visit Request Form.
- Your accommodation must be in Shanghai City. This policy is in keeping with our mission of enhancing Shanghai’s image and supporting economic development.
- You must stay in Shanghai at least two (2) nights. Greeter visits are not arranged for day of arrival or day of departure.
- Accommodations must have a local Shanghai telephone number. We also recommend you purchase a China mobile number as soon as you arrive.
LEAVE A REPLY